Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Training for ColorVibe 5K

I'd like to think that I've always been a runner at heart....just the rest of my body disagrees. I love the idea of running, I love how clearly it lets me think, but my lungs don't appreciate the way it makes them burn. You see, I quit smoking last year. After being a smoker for 10 years, my lungs don't appreciate being exercised. I'm working to change that.

So this year I've signed myself up for my first 5K, unfortunately I live in the south and the 5K I chose is in mid-July. This will be a ColorVibe run, so they'll throw powdered paint at all of the runners as they pass certain checkpoints. It looks like a blast, but I can only imagine I'll leave a trail of sweaty paint along the course. :)

My training has consisted of evening jogs/walks with the kids. I'm only a few weeks out and no where near able to even slowly run 3 full miles. Luckily, this 5K is non-competitive but, unfortunately, I am. I don't need to be first by any means, I just certainly don't want to be last. We'll see how it goes!



No comments:

Post a Comment